Nestled in the heart of Lake Placid, High Peaks Resort is surrounded by the breathtaking beauty of The Adirondacks.
Event spaces, totaling 10,000 square feet, were designed to ensure attendees could appreciate the wilderness they traveled so far to enjoy by offering windows and courtyard access.
High Peaks Resort Executive Chef Charles Brucculeri crafts cuisine just as refreshing as the nature he is inspired by through the use of regional produce, seafood and meat. He shares his recipe for classic Watercress Salad with Anjou pears, Stilton cheese and tossed pine nuts.
- Four tablespoons of sherry wine vinegar
- One teaspoon of Dijon mustard
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- Main Dish:
- Three Anjou pears
- One pound of cleaned watercress
- Four ounces of crumbled stilton cheese
- One ounce of toasted pine nuts
Cut pears in half, remove cores and stems and then cut in 1/4 inch slices.
In a large bowl, combine watercress, pears and dressing and toss.
Top with Stilton cheese and pine nuts.