Chef Luis Bruno of the Hilton Jackson serves up a taste of Southern hospitality daily at this regal Mississippi hotel.
With 30,000 square feet of meeting space able to host groups of up to 600, Chef Bruno and his staff have crafted a catering menu rich in Southern favorites. Here, they share the recipe for crowd-pleaser, Crabby Louie.
- 2 cups of lump crab meat
- 1/2 cup of light Hellmann mayonnaise
- 3 teaspoons of Asian chili sauce or Tabasco
- 1/4 cup of yellow peppers, small diced
- Freshly squeezed juice from one lemon
- 1 small bunch of scallions, finely chopped
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, whites only, diced
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and diced
- 1 avocado, seeded, peeled and diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Any desired lettuce (Bibb, baby greens, etc.)
- Optional side: seasoned crostini
Place crab meat in bowl.
In separate bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, chili sauce (or Tabasco), yellow pepper, lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste.
Gently fold remaining items into crab meat bowl - scallions, eggs, tomato, avocado and half of your mayonnaise dressing.
Toss lettuce with remaining cup of dressing (optional step).
Divide lettuce among plates and top with Crabby Louie.